Tuesday, 26 October 2021 9:00am to 3:00pm
- Assistance Dogs Only
- Drop-off Point
- Family Friendly
- Hidden Disabilities Awareness
- PA/Carer Free Entry
- Quiet Space
Do you want to have fun with your child at half term with some pond-dipping, rope maze, slackline, mud kitchen, games, den-making, marshmallows around the fire, pumpkin craft, and a sensory storytelling workshop?!
On 26th October, young people under 25 with Special Needs & Disabilities and their families or PA’s will have exclusive use of 19 acres of the WAM Woods just over the Gloucestershire border in Evesham, with the additional support of WAM staff and volunteers. (Booking is essential, please scroll down for the booking link!)
For just £15 / car (for a family or a child with their PA or PA’s) you can enjoy a fun-packed day or simply relax in our beautiful woodland. Arrival and departure times are flexible between 10-4pm. There are scheduled sessions you can join in, but you are equally free to do your own thing. We just want you to have a wonderful day out.
Check out our photos below from our SEND pilot days! What do you think you will most enjoy….
Getting mucky in the mud kitchen making some mud stew?!
Spending some quality time together?
Feeling brave and testing out your balancing skills?!
How about making a den? We’ve plenty of wood!
Of course, meeting and chatting with other families around the fire is always a highlight!
And if you still have some energy, we have a free games area with Badminton, Tire-throwing, Giant Jenga, and Lego!
We also have a sensory tent near the action if you child wants some time out.
And an exciting addition is that thanks to our University Social Work students on placement with us, we are also providing some Pumpkin Craft activities and an exciting 45 minute Sensory Storytelling workshop!
We hope you will enjoy the day as much as we will enjoy hosting you.
To avoid disappointment, please note there are limitations to the inclusivity of this event due to the nature of the wild woodland environment and footpaths not currently suitable for vehicles.
– The woodland is spread out over 19 acres and is therefore best for those able to walk moderate distances. Unfortunately, due to uneven footpaths and protruding branches, it is not easily accessible to wheelchairs or those with impaired mobility especially if it is muddy. However, when dry, pushchairs have successfully navigated the terrain.
– Our toilet is a compost toilet which can be a new experience for many 😉 It’s a sitting toilet seat inside a wooden cubicle which has a hole in the ground rather than plumbing and a flush. There is no running water (but anti-bac gel is provided!)
– We do not officially have changing facilities and the compost toilet is small, but if needed on the day, we can point you to a simple shelter you would be welcome to use to give you some privacy (near the entrance, not near the toilet.)
– Rain does not stop us enjoying the woodland due to the tree cover, but in the very unlikely event of strong winds we are obliged to cancel the event for your own safety and will let you know the evening beforehand. (in this instance, a full refund will be provided.)
– Before booking, please find more detailed information and photos and a video of the environment to ascertain it’s suitability for your child’s needs at https://www.wamyouth.org.uk/what-wam-does/special-needs-disabilities/ Please note the location is just over the Gloucestershire border.