WWT Slimbridge Wetlands Centre
The Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust
- Access for Wheelchair Users
- Accessible Parking
- Accessible toilet
- Assistance Dogs Only
- Baby Changing Facilities
- Changing Place Facility
- Drop-off Point
- Family Friendly
- Hearing Loop
- Hoist Access To Facilities
- PA/Carer Free Entry
- Quiet Space
- Subtitles - Screen Text
Reimagine the wonder of wetlands and nature through the eyes of the UK’s best loved illustrator.
Collect an illustrated guide full of Quentin Blake’s drawings and journey around our wonderful wetland world this summer. New seasonal trails will be launched later in the year, each with a different illustrated guide to collect and keep.
We’ve got a whole host of art and illustration activities aimed at all ages and abilities, including nature-inspired creative challenges, art workshops and much more, with new events and activities to enjoy throughout the year.
- Drawn to Water Trail – From 18th May, collect your illustrated trail map complete with Quentin Blake’s drawings and see our wetlands in a whole new light.
- Exhibition – From 21st July to 16th September, enjoy a selection of Quentin Blake’s illustrations in our gallery.
- Large format installations around the grounds – From 20th July to 16th September, discover 4 large scale Quentin Blake illustrations and 2 large frames for fun photo opportunities!
- Let’s Draw Family Show – between 22nd July – 3rd September at 11am, head to the Living Wetland Theatre for daily interactive shows.
- Drawing with Water art activities – Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 2-4pm between 25th July – 30th August drop in at the Art Hub for art activities including water marbling and bubble painting.
- Self-led art activities – between 22nd July – 3rd September, 10am – 4pm, families can take part in self-led activities in the Art Hub including Quentin Blake colouring.
- Children’s Screenprinting Workshops with Andy Kinnear – join print-maker Andy Kinnear for a 2 hour screenprinting workshop on Saturday 29th July or Thursday 24th August.